I am really excited to teach Greek mythology this year. It is one of my favorite things to learn about. I love stories that teach us how cultures have explained things and the stories are full of action. I've decided to use Greek mythology to expand my storytelling. I'm researching one myth now (the story of Persephone) that I can eventually turn into a full-fledged story and I'm really excited about it! So here's my question: What is your favorite Greek myth? Or your favorite Greek god?
8 comments:
OH, Persephone was ALWAYS my favorite!!!! I LOVE that story. I'm actually reading a book that's a retelling of the magic flute, and it like Mythology. You can see it on Goodreads. Are you going to do both Greek and Roman mythology?
I think of Greek and Roman as pretty much the same. I am researching the myths from both cultures, but I think I'm going to role them into one using the Greek names.
I like Achilles. I thought it was such a funny story!
I like Pandoras box. Its a good moral story.
I love Greek mythology! I could never decide though because I wanted to be Aphrodite and Athena at the same time. I leaned more towards Athena but then discovered Artemis? is that right, the female archer. Anyway, she's my favorite.
Zephyr
I don't know them well enough to have a favorite but I always thought they were pretty fun to learn about! How are you two doing? How is teaching going? I hope you are doing wonderful! We miss you! We gotta get together soon!
Homer's Iliad has always been my favorite.
Post a Comment