Sunday, June 22, 2008

Adventures in Colorado

Peter and I recently had the opportunity to take a ten day vacation. It travelled through three different states and included my entire family. We started in Colorado.

Day 1: Come in, eat lunch with Dad, pull out all his family history records, put lots of dates and names into my computer, eat pizza, watch The Point, and sleep.

Day 2: Peter's 28th birthday! We celebrated his birthday by seeing Iron Man (which I enjoyed, surprisingly). Afterwards, I took him to Zio’s, a little Italian restaurant, so he could eat pasta for dinner. We went to Barnes and Noble to talk to my dad and buy some books. Happy birthday, Peter!






Day 3: Zelda’s 1st birthday! Zelda is my best friend, Jenn’s, daughter. She is cute and we had great fun celebrating and talking with Jenn and Nathan. Unfortunately, our camera was broken so we have no pictures of this event (or anything in Colorado for that matter), so I'll substitute with this picture of Jenn, me, and OP (left to right) at my wedding.


Day 4: Little Johnny Rodgers and Emili came over for a barbeque, Mom came back from Chorale tour, we picked her up, chatted, and played Nutsy.

Day 5: Mom took us to lunch at Cracker Barrel and to the airport so we could get on our plane bound for Kansas City.



Unfortunately, we were unable to spend as much time with Mom and Dad as we would have liked. I guess that means we’ll have to go back soon.

Our time in Kansas to follow.




1 comment:

Liz Wilcken said...

While "HE" ate pasta :) You make me laugh. I swear we had the same wedding bouquet except that I had purplish lilies instead of the purple roses, but I had pink roses and all the rest too!