So, a while back my students created a piece of art based on the style of Jackson Pollock. The very large painting is currently hanging in the hall outside our classroom. We created it using tempra paint. Some was distilled with water and shot out of squirt bottles while the rest was wiped and flung from the end of paint brushes. We only had a few minor problems with paint ending up on shoes and in faces but it was a fun time. Here is the final masterpiece:


We naturally did this outside on the grass. It made for something interesting for people to see during recess.
7 comments:
Coolness! I remember flinging paint for a mural of the solar system I was doing. Actually, it was the toothbrush thing (to make stars). My 6th grade science teacher kept the mural, and that made me feel cool. :D
Are we doing movie night this week?
That is true art! I love it, you sound like you're an awesome teacher Paige!
VERY cool. Have you ever seen Mona Lisa Smile w/Julia Roberts? There's a great Jackson Pollock scene.
So, I'd like to know what you've been up to during this spring break, Paige. :) I almost called you on Monday morning, because I saw your car out front at 7:20, and I was like, "She's late for work!" But then I remembered you were on break. So I'm glad I didn't call you.
See you at movie night tonight.
hello long lost sister-in-law! when will we see pictures of your new lovely home? can't wait! xox
I need Peters and your address for the 10 year reunion, so I can give it to veronica stotts. She thought I might be of help. Jon doesn't reply to emails really well. you can send it to my email if that will be alright. dmadden509@msn.com
Dave Madden
Tell Peter I said hello. Thanks.
hi. just found your blog from the tompkins' blog. glad to know kids are being exposed to pollock!
and i love the name of your blog. is it a play on george clinton's band?
Post a Comment