Sunday, April 17, 2011

Big Boy Bed

We finally bit the bullet. Last night (4-16-11), we took away the crib. Awesome was not excited to sleep in his big boy bed and repeated over and over through his tears, "No big boy!" We put him into bed along with his three favorite blankies (Grandma Sue's "I Spy" blankie, Grandma Funk's frog blankie, and Grammy G's Winnie the Pooh blankie. I like to think of them as the Grandma trio) and his three favorite animals (Elmo, the Lorax, and Moo Cow from Mr. Brown Can Moo). He wouldn't accept the comfort items, so we just left them on the bed and left the room. Not long after he was calling for his blankies, so Daddy went in and tucked him in. I found him like this about hour later. Note the pillow is sliding onto the floor.The next time I checked on him his position had changed to this. I think he must have just followed the pillow right onto the floor. It didn't even wake him up.
Daddy went in again and put everything back on the bed and created a makeshift headboard to keep Awesome on the bed. As you can see, he slept comfortably the rest of the night.

1 comment:

JoLee said...

Aww. So funny. I think A is looking like young Taggart. Maybe it's just the pictures.